Monday, April 13, 2009

Composite anchor cleats

This is the start of my composite anchor cleats. I am making them from flat carbon laminated to a thickness of about 5mm. I have heat formed the foam to the inner shape of the hull & then added a top piece of high density foam. Next step is to cover them in about 4 layers of carbon uni & 2 layers of BD 600. I will place 1 layer of BD600 followed by 4 staggered layers of uni the last layer will be BD600.
Once done they will then be laminated into the hull sides. These should be quite strong & I will not have to worry about through deck bolts & backing plates.



1 comment:

MartinF said...

Very cool idea I like it!! Can't wait to see the finished shape and look. By the way I like to ask Andrew a few questions, do you have his email adress?

All the best
Martin