Saturday, February 25, 2012

Update Feb 2012

Well it has been a while since my last post. I must say that building in an undersized area at home is not good. Especially when a lot a lot of sanding is required. The dust is not good for neighbours, washing, cars etc.
I have finally found a vacant factory that I have been able to move the boat to which is 10 minutes from home. I moved at Xmas & since then have accomplished more than in the last 18 months. There is still a long way to go but I am able to focus on a lot more aspects of the boat & also spread myself out a bit.
I have installed a carbon fibre pulpit. I have also completed the hatch assembly & the hatch slide. The floats are just about finished fairing & I will spray the Hi build soon. The carbon chainplates are in the floats, although I had to cut out a temporary access hatch in the floats to get my hands in to laminate the glass.
The mast raising chainplates, carbon variety, are in. The ice box, beer fridge, with access from the cockpit is partially completed. Here are a few photos:

Here is the factory...big enough I think

Carbon Fibre pulpit started off with 2 pieces of electrical conduit & with a bit of help from the heat gun I managed to get the shape I wanted. I covered the tube with c/f sleave & then bogged & glassed them onto the hull. The rear ends were put through the hull & are bonded inside & outside the hull.

C/F mast raising chainplate is bonded through the hull