Monday, April 13, 2009

Bow wing


The bow wing has been glassed in. I used an old carbon fibre offcut from an A Class mast. I have shaped the cut outs taken from the hull sides to fit into the end of the section as an end stop. This also will serve as a good position for the nav lights. I have also decided to put a tang on the end to take the brace from the float end rather than fitting it to the hull side. I decided to clean up the glue while it was still a bit green so the glue area looks a bit furry. What the heck...it's cool down here & I am impatient!!!


This is just before filling with bog to allow fixing of the light as well as putting the wire inside the bow wing. By putting the wing so far forward i will be able to run my nets further forward just to be able to give me a bit more foredeck area. The sail track in the mast section will do just fine.

The profile of the nav light is a bit bigger than the wing section so i have made a backing plate from flat laminated glass



Next part of the bow wing will be to build 2 anchor storage/ fairleads in the middle of the wings. This will be great for cruising & enable me to run a bridle for anchoring. Of course i wont be having anchors stored there for racing.

No comments: